Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Gear Review: Korker boots
These boots were worn from January 2009 until June 2011. My fishing journal says that is about 250 days on the water so maybe 200 days in these boots. If you think about it, a great performance, but at the end of their time, they were brutal. Here are some of the shortcomings:
1. The BOA system would pop open from time to time if cranked tight.
2. The boots had no ankle support
3. The original sole exchange system was not good for a number of reasons
4. The BOA system would lock up from time to time, making it nearly impossible to get your foot out of the boots
Here are the positives:
1. The boot can last 200 grueling days on the water and still be relatively functional.
2. The BOA system never freezes up like laces do, and you can get out and in your boots in seconds
3. The boots are extremely light.