Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Comanche

A Spey fly I tied as a gift that turned out really well. It is in the intruder style, but not exactly an intruder. When I tied it, it told me it was a Comanche. There is not a doubt in my mind that this fly would slay in the pacific northwest in the right conditions. Because i want to kill it myself






Material list


hook shank: TMC 765SP size 2 or 4

stinger: Gamakatsu Octopus  size 4 Red, attached to 20lb dacron backing

dubbing: Ice Dub UV Pink

rear skirt: Red Pheasant tail fibers, Pink burnt spey hackle fibers, red marabou

rear collar: black ostrich herl

rib: red crystal flash, red small copper wire, copper MIDGE-BODI (spirit river)

front skirt: pink burnt spey hackle,  red pheasant tail fibers, purple Strung Guinea feathers, red crystal flash, red fluoro fiber

wings: black dry fly hackle size 16

eyes: jungle cock feathers

thread: red UTC 70 ultra thread

4 comments:

  1. Two dozen in all pink.... Oh yea, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks just like my prom date

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd fish it this summer i bet. Prom date, might be a better name actually...

      Delete